Eliosoft Newsletter, December 2021: new article, demo sessions, acquisition & analysis systems, Christmas closure and readings...
1. New article in the Engineering Geology journal (Impact Factor: 6.755):
Multiple-peak HVSR curves: Management and statistical assessment
Dal Moro G, Panza G.F., 2021
Are microtremor data efficiently cleaned?
Are the HVSR peaks properly assessed?
Do microzonation f0 maps make sense?
2. Updated manuals and Demo Sessions
Are you interested in buying a high-level version (from 3C to Academy) of winMASW®, HoliSurface®, and/or ELIOVSP® and want to clarify your last doubts?
We can send you the links to the updated manuals and, in case, have a remote session to show you some of the features of our software applications. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Eliosoft provides INTEGRATED ACQUISITION and ANALYSIS SYSTEMS:
• 4.5 Hz HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL GEOPHONES
For active data (multi-component MASW) twelve horizontal geophones are enough and absolutely recommended to record both Rayleigh (radial component) and Love waves (and you can also use them for SH-wave refraction/reflection). Vertical geophones allows to acquire only the vertical component of Rayleigh waves (which are often ambiguous and lead to overestimate the VS - see our Elsevier & Springer books) and P-wave refraction (which is influenced by the presence of water in the ground and, consequently, is often more problematic compared to SH-wave refraction).
Vertical geophones are necessary for ReMi, ESAC, MAAM acquisitions and the multi-offset RPM analyzes. Please, consider that the purchase of 10 Hz (or more) geophones for refraction makes no sense [see our FAQ page].
• 3-COMPONENT GEOPHONES OPTIMIZED with GEOSPACE and useful for:
- passive seismic: HVSR and optimized joint acquisition of ESAC/ReMi + HVSR data (winMASW®) or MAAM + HVSR data (HoliSurface®)
- active seismic: HoliSurface® acquisition/analysis (patented method) multi-component active seismics using just a single 3-component geophone
- vibration measurements: for buildings and other structures (classical approach and GHM method) as well as for UNI/DIN regulations
• HS ACQUISITION SYSTEM (geophones, seismic cables, seismograph and software for data analysis) optimized for the HoliSurface® world but excellent for all the classical multi-channel methodologies.
4. Suggested readings for your Christmas Holidays:
⇒ Efficient Joint Analysis of Surface Waves and Introduction to Vibration Analysis: Beyond the Clichés
Dal Moro G., 2020, Springer, ISBN 978-3-030-46303-8
266 pages, over 200 illustrations in colour
The book for an overview of all methodologies implemented in the HoliSurface® software application
⇒ Surface Wave Analysis for Near Surface Applications
Dal Moro, 2014, Elsevier, ISBN 9780128007709
252 pages, over 100 illustrations in colour
A comprehensive starting point to learn basics about surface-wave propagation according to several multi-component (active and passive) methodologies.
Remember that several articles are available HERE [manuals and case studies are available in the related software pages].
Christmas closure from December 23 to January 10, 2022: OUR BEST WISHES!
- NEWS ARCHIVE